ShawHankins is a leader among employee benefit brokerage and consulting firms providing a full range of employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. ShawHankins excels in providing competitive medical, dental, disability, life and vision plans, exceptional customer service, clear communication, valuable technology and above all, partnership in creating solid foundations for successful futures. ShawHankins. Right Partner, Right Benefits.
ShawHankins is seeking an Account Manager who will serve as the primary point of contact for clients in the administration of the employee benefits offering. The Account Manager will establish client relationships, have a deep understanding of health and welfare products and administration, serve as the primary point of contact for producers and service team to achieve successful implementations, facilitate enrollments, conduct carrier contract analysis, provide billing & eligibility support, resolve escalated claims issues and create client communicate communications.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, to apply for this position.
Account Manager will also be responsible for the following:
– Onboarding clients, gathering benefit information, establishing provider communication,
– Managing the renewal process
– Develop and maintain client online enrollment and communications websites with regards to plan designs, plan specific eligibility rules, employer specific rules, class structure, rates, payroll deductions, enrollment rules, EDI feed setup, and system auditing and testing.
– Educating support team to ensure correct and efficient administration of the benefit offerings.
– Conducting education meetings to explain benefit offerings, providing consistent new hire messaging and providing open enrollment assistance and coordinating with Human Resources to ensure proper coverage for required education meetings and enrollments.
– Obtains policies and conducts contract review to ensure proper installation.
– Creates and generates materials for client presentations and meetings
– Keeps client appraised of compliance issues and changes that may affect the health and welfare plan.
– Responds to client inquiries and maintains documentation of issues and resolutions and provides ongoing support to the Human Resources team.
– Analyze and interpret claims experience to the client to indicate high cost issues and determine ways to circumvent and mitigate the risk.
– Works with the placement team to determine the best plans and funding vehicle based on a full market review.
– Provide exceptional customer service internally and externally.
– Participate and facilitate finalist presentations and conduct site tours for prospective clients.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
– Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
– Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
– Strong Presentation/Speaking Skills – Effectively communicating with others in an individual or group environment to articulate the items or information needed
– Project Management – Taking ownership of the project and seeing it through to completion through complex problem solving, operational analysis, quality control analysis, technology design, and exceptional time management
– Multi Tasking – Efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines and remain on task with designated timelines.
– Some college experience or equivalent work experience is required. Experience in the employee benefit industry or with employee enrollment platforms, such as bswift is preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Marietta, GA 30060
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Strong analytical and technical skills
– Project Management: 3 years